Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cold Comfort

I have a cold; I feel rotten. Coughing and sneezing and snuffling; it's not the best time to get my nosh on. However, I had plans with The Charming Susan at Ragazza, the new pizza place on Divis. As some of you know, this hood is becoming quite the happening place, but they needed a good pizza joint, and this is so much more. The little sister of Gialina in Glen Park, this place really dresses up its modest space, and the tiny tables are nearly always packed.
We shared a huge salad of radicchio, romaine, radish, egg and a perfectly tangy vinaigrette. Also, a plate of roasted baby artichokes with a big ramekin of aioli (I'm not a big fan of mayo, but this was gooood). Then, the star arrived: a pizza with a nicely blackened crust, topped with roasted summer squash, tomatoes, ricotta and pesto. Even with my stuffy head I knew this was divine.
I may be a wretched dinner companion these days, but I'm a happy one thanks to Ragazza. Now someone shoot me...please.

No comments:

Post a Comment