Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hi.Ate.Us.

So, yeah, it's been awhile since a Nosh blog. I lost my spirit, but I'm back. Hopefully for a longer stretch this time...
Today, JP and I had lunch at Hazel's on Potrero Hill. It's a dear little place, no room to sit but you can (and we did) grab a table at Farley's next door. JP had a BLT with avocado, on whole wheat toast, while I had the vegi version: Swiss, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, red onion and avocado, also on toasty wheat. They were just exactly what we both wanted, fine sandwiches made by friendly folks. JP had a Farley's macchiato, and I quite liked their soy latte, for dessert.
Later today I went to hear Frank Bruni, the former food critic at the NYT/author of "Born Round", speak at Omnivore. Here's hoping his funny stories will inspire a bunch more blogging. And noshing, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment