Friday, November 5, 2010

How Green is My Sushi

Maybe you've heard of Tataki, the S.F. sushi bar that serves only sustainable fish? Well, lucky me; they opened Tataki South just down Church Street from my very house! And it's not just pretty, with soft music and friendly chefs...The sushi is great. Try the shiro maguro, for it is bliss on the tongue. Have a few maki: spicy tuna, perhaps; saba gari (mackerel and ginger, one of my all-time favorites, wrapped in tofu skin and dotted with white and black sesame seeds); mixed vegetable, fat and crunchy and silky with avocado. Don't miss the robata items either, like the shitake mushrooms, 2 skewers of 3 insanely flavorful mushroom caps. I only wish I could have ordered more, much more, but my stomach and my wallet have their limits. Do go, and take a vegan friend...they offer a very appealing vegi menu! Spicy tofuna, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment