Saturday, November 28, 2009

Smoky and the Undertones

Tonite we dined chez The N and The G, out in the Richmond, where delicacies are but a short walk away. Witness the nearby Haig's Delicacies, where our hosts bought some lovely spreads to accompany the bread and crackers, baked potatoes, and organic turkey that came from George Lucas...The G works at ILM, a company that gets real generous around the holidays.
My Lord, Haig's makes some fine baba ghanoush. Or as they spell it: baba ghannouge. I also love their description:
Rich, smoky undertones bloom on your palate in this
flavorful mezé of roasted eggplants and tahini, with a
hint of zesty lemon, garlic, and spices.
How can I top that? Nope, I can't.

2 comments:

  1. I heart the baba. Thanks for the shout out, Jules - Food Network contacted our agent to see if we wanted our own cooking show.

    ReplyDelete