Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks

I had stopped writing my blog. I was sad. I didn't know if it was worth doing anymore.
But I'm gonna try again. Please leave a comment if you care to.
I am thankful today, and most days, for the good things. Today I celebrated with five lovely people. There were cheeses, a drunken, firm goat and a sober, herb-flecked goat log...flatbread crackers with all kinds of seeds on top. Hard pear cider and wine. Tofurkey for us veg-heads, which comes with vegan gravy and a spiral of stuffing inside. My own cardamom cranberry sauce laced with orange peel. Sweet and white potatoes mashed with lots of elephant garlic and buttermilk. Roasted brussels sprouts, carrots and kabocha squash. Green beans with lemony gremolata. Salad that sang with cubes of Asian pear and slivered almonds. And for dessert, coffee and pumpkin pie, apple pie, perfect ginger cookies.
Thankful to those who read my blog. Be happy; enjoy your leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for writing again! The day of Thanks has passed, but I was (and still am!) thankful for wonderful friends such as you.

    ReplyDelete