Friday, May 21, 2010

Long Lazy Lunch

Some days, I remember how lucky I am. I live in San Francisco. I work close to the waterfront. I have great friends. These things merged into a lovely meal today at Plant Cafe, where Scotty and I sat overlooking the water and shared a most righteous pizza topped with sweet roasted garlic, baby artichokes and Pecorino. I did not care about going back to work, and luckily no one noticed I was gone. And as if the crackly pizza, purty view and sparkling conversation weren't enough...Vegan cupcakes! Yes, across the way from the restaurant is a small takeout joint, where I scored a dreamy chocolate 'cake with peanut butter frosting. Back at the office, The Lovely Elise and I devoured our shared treat. Yes, I am a lucky woman.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't know they were baby artichokes. now i feel bad for eating them!

    ReplyDelete