Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lazy Vegetarian

Yes, I am lazy. And while I do eat eggs, tofu and fishies, I sometimes feel like I'm low on protein. What to do? More specifically, what to do if you don't feel much like working hard for your dinner? Well, you can go to Rainbow (or other well-stocked grocery stores) and get yourself a package of Turtle Island Foods' Marinated Tempeh. Yep, these are the folks who brought us Tofurky; they seem to know that us lazy non-meat-eaters need options that are going to actually taste better than their cardboard packaging. I can tell you that the lemon pepper tempeh strips I chose were quite flavorful, and easy as pie to 'make': heat a bit of olive oil in a pan, add five or six strips, cook for two minutes per side to get them all golden and toasty, then eat...Plain, in a sandwich, on a bed of rice, whatever. There are several other flavors, too...sesame garlic sounds pretty tasty. I think I've found another way to avoid cooking, and that makes me a happy slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment