Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Boogaloo Conversion

Friends, I once hated Boogaloo's. And for good reason. At one time, the food was not so good. In fact, I had a pancake experience that left me so ill that I vowed not to return.
And I didn't. Until, like, 8 years later.
Guess what?? They are soooo much better! Sure, the wait can be longish, but it's doable, and you have Ritual right across the street to fix your coffee jones. Sit down, order, and quick as a bunny, food arrives. I tried the Nicky's polenta, a huge vegan plate with truly satisfying corn mush (crispy outside, softy inside), black beans, ranchero sauce, pickled cabbage and a generous mound of sauteed veggies. JP enjoyed his scrambies, hash browns, sausage and biscuit. We also shared a lemon cornmeal pancake, and the bad memory was wiped away. This flapjack rocked!
So yeah, I shall now be joining the parade of tired hipsters on Sunday. Boo hoo. And if you're looking for me, I'm the one not wearing oversize sunglasses, skinny jeans and flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment