Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hidden Harvest

If I didn't know it was there, I'd walk right by. But Harvest and Rowe is a good little place, if you're downtown and hungry and like healthy, yummy food. I've only been there for lunch, myself; I had a great salad as I recall, but today I felt like a sandwich. And I know they do a tofu sandwich. So I called and a very nice woman described it to me as having smoked tofu made by some local dude, and hummus, and a variety of veggies. She nicely offered to put one aside for me, and said to look for the gal with the brown ponytail.
Well, I found her! And the smoked tofu was quite awesome. It's a big sammy, so I saved half for tomorrow. They have lots of other goodies, always a variety of soups, and their salad dressings all sound amazing. Sherry-olive? Balsamic-strawberry? Anchovy-parmesan?
Take the walk down Second Street and look for the place with a couple of outdoor tables and chairs. And a brown ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment