Monday, August 3, 2009

Been There, Ate That

My first blog was inspired by this place. Perhaps it's lazy of me to return and rave about their food, but hey, I tried something from the revised menu! And it was soooo good! So forgive me for not going somewhere new last nite, but there were JP and Greg and Kym and me, all mighty hungry and not wanting to walk too far...
What did I eat? Well, after sharing the Gilroy (bok choy snazzed up with vinegar and garlic, hence the name), I headed for the Wine Country with a big bowl of Sonoma: bucatini pasta, roughly chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, and grilled tiger prawns, enriched with melty Chenel chevre. The two pieces of bread tucked alongside were, sadly, insufficient to sop up the sauce, but I bet they'd bring more if you ask nicely. Sometimes, the best meal can be found at a favorite haunt where you know you can get a table and have a conversation without shouting. Big citrus, we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment