Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Long Time No Nosh

It has been quite awhile since the last blog. Why is hard to say; laziness, lack of inspiration, tummy ache. But before 2009 escapes us, here are a few places I hit today:

Dolores Park Cafe: always a nice spot in which to slack. I can recommend the soy latte in its nice tall glass. Needs no adornment; very good as is.

Thai Spice on Polk. Mark and I had such a fantastic dinner at this place, which has always been great, in the half-dozen times I've visited. Fresh spring rolls with (fake) crab and shrimp, rice noodles and sprigleys of cilantro, which you dip in a warm (!) peanut sauce. Mark had the good sense and empty stomach to order tom yum soup with shrimp and lots of button mushrooms. For entrees we shared the salt-and-pepper tofu, with a dark and deeply-flavored sauce sprinkled with green onions, and shrimp with spicy green beans. Brown rice, too. Now I have garlic breath and I'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment