Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Re-Planted

There is a new Plant Cafe downtown; it is, dangerously, a mere 2 blocks from my workplace.
If you go, take note: in spite of its address, it is actually on Front and Pine.
Also, do not freak at the prices. This is organic fare, kids; it's not meant to be cheap. Cough it up.
I thoroughly enjoyed my bowl of cold soba noodles in a swoony Asian vinaigrette with chopped veggies, sprouts and nicely-firm baked tofu. They bring your order to your table, and all the folks there are helpful as can be. Also, there are recycling and composting options.
I will be back there soon for their deservedly-famous veggie burger, perhaps with Swiss and mushrooms. And I may have to try their oatmeal with pecans, raisins and cinnamon. Oh sweet Jesus, 2 short blocks. A blessing and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment