Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mixt Feelings

You can't diss on Mixt Greens too much. They are organic and sustainable. They heart the environment. If you work downtown, they are nearby, ready to toss at a moment's notice. So, post-workout and famished, I wandered in (the line is shorter when it's freezing outside). The dude behind the counter was patient as I slowly picked out ingredients for my custom salad: mixt greens (to stick with the theme), carrots, red peppers, golden beets, chickpeas and marinated tofu cubes. All tossed with a lovely lemon herb vinaigrette, which said dude recommended. A tiny piece of wheat bread added and, a bit over $8 later, I was back out in the cold.
Yes, it tasted great. But it didn't fill me up. Maybe if I'd added avocado, for an extra buck? Not sure, but I can say it would be perfect on one of those hot days that I'm starting to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment