Sunday, January 31, 2010

World Breakfast

That's what it's called: the incredibly yummy takeout I grabbed at Juicy Lucey, yesterday afternoon.
For $10, you get a really filling meal. The base is whatever grain is available; yesterday it was red quinoa, sprinkled with rosemary and wakame. Then a ladle of the daily soup, which was a hearty yellow split pea. Some tempeh, "beautifully sauteed", as the lovely proprietress advised, and then a mix of fresh raw veggies: I counted cabbage, carrots, watermelon radishes, sprouts, and salad greens. It all kind of melds into a worldly stew and makes your mouth very happy.
While I waited for my breakfast to be slowly-but-lovingly assembled, I saw some fine-looking juices get pressed. Next weekend, I may be drinking a Mona Lisa. Mysteriously smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment