Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ante Up

When the Geezer and I met for dinner this week, I was a happy lady. First, because I love the Geezer and don't get to see her nearly enough. Second, we met at Dosa on Fillmore, which has some top-notch Indian food and good atmo'. Since I arrived first, I settled in at the bar and promptly ordered a spectacular cocktail: the Ginger Ante. Not too distantly related to my beloved Dark and Stormy, it includes Gosling rum, ginger ale, lime, and something that goes by the fanciful name of ginger jaggery nectar. All decked out with a sprig of rosemary, this drink put a big smile on my face. It also went well with our spicy food: dosa, curried veggies with coconut rice, and a non-spicy salad with goat cheese, mango and hazelnuts.
Next time, I'm gonna try to branch out and try the Beet Box. But if you don't want beets in your cocktail - and I know at least one person with the initials J.P. who's shuddering at the thought - get yourself an Ante. Or, you know, two.

2 comments:

  1. Beets in my beverage? No way, no how.

    -jp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with the JP on the beetiness, but the rest of the meal - stupid stupendous!
    the geezer

    ReplyDelete