Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's ALIVE

Today, sunny and perfect. Went down to the Ferry Building to buy produce, drink iced coffee and, best of all, get me a peek at some baby goats.
It was the Goat Festival, celebrating things like goats' milk, cheese, ice cream and...babies! In a pen full of straw, four baby goatses reclined or wobbled around, sleepy and painfully cute. I got to chat with a guy from Redwood Hill, who picked up a baby so I could snorgle it. It reached it's little snout toward me, and I gave it several kisses, also petted its soft fur. Ahhhhhh.
Next to that, food is an afterthought. But I did buy a nice spicy Korean wrap at Alive, the raw foods vendor. It's a big leaf of pickled kale wrapped around sprouts, chopped veggies and avocado with a dollop of spicy chile sauce. Makes you glad to eat vegi, especially after nuzzling a sweet baby animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment