Monday, April 5, 2010

Noshing Inside of the Box

Add to the list of places I've waited far too long to try: Boxed Foods Company on Kearny. It's not that far away from work. The food is organic and creative, and vegi-friendly. Not even that pricey. Luckily my pal Lara dragged me along and I had a box of tempeh. Well, a tempeh sandwich, which was shaped like a burger and came in a very good whole-wheat sesame bun. Spread on the bun was a tangy sundried tomato tapenade, then a healthy dose of grilled red peppers and onions. The tempeh was sprinkled with shredded Asiago, which could be left off for the vegan set. Alongside, a cute little pile of baby greens and a micro-cup of citrusy vinaigrette.
Sing it with me now:
Little boxes on the hillside
Little boxes made of ticky tacky...

No comments:

Post a Comment