Sunday, June 27, 2010

Show Your Pride; Eat a Sausage!

OK, that was crass. But it is Pride weekend in SF, so give me a break. At least I did not go out in a super-short tutu sans underwear, like a girl I saw early in the day.
But we have a new branch of Rosamunde Sausage Grill in the Mission, and JP and I were feeling lazy from the heat, so we hoofed it down there for an early supper. Dear Lord, I love this place. First off, it's simple but cute inside...There's a bar (they have an amazing beer selection) and several long wood tables. A smaller table made from a tree stump. A mirror framed by an old horsey harness. Nice tattooed guy taking orders, in - extra point - a Voodoo Donut tee shirt.
JP had the special, which is a sausage atop a crock of nice sweet baked beans, sided by salad and bread. The salad was not an afterthought: fresh mixed lettuces with walnut pieces and chunks of bleu cheese, a tub of balsamic vinaigrette. I had one of the three (!) vegan options, the Italian sausage, topped with sauerkraut and sweet peppers, in a very tasty bun. Topped with some honey-wasabi mustard from the expansive condiment bar, it was better than any sausage I've ever had. Insert Pride joke; I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment