Thursday, February 25, 2010

Twofer

I meant to write about Tuba; really I did. It's been almost a week since I ate there, but they don't have an up-to-date menu posted online, which made it difficult. See, Marc and I got the appetizer platter which has a little of everything. And in the case of Tuba, that's everything Turkish. And it's all vegetarian! Going from memory, there was hummus, thick yogurt, roasted eggplant, white bean salad, dolma and...I think a dip made with fish roe. Maybe more. I know we used the puffy warm bread to mop it all up. It was very satisfying, and while I have no idea why the place is named after a huge brass horn, I like their food just fine.
Tonight I had dinner with the hens, aka Robin and Michelle. They live in the Haight, so to Citrus Club we went (after a detour to Backseat Betty). After sharing a towering pile of garlicky edamame, we each had a nice big bowl of noodles. Mine was the yellow curry with tofu: rice noodles, julienned carrots and cucumbers, peanuts, garlic and a sweet/savory sauce. The creamy coconut milk makes it impossible to stop slurping. I ate most of it, which was too bad for the Haight kids who wanted leftovers...Dudes, if I had 'em, they'd be lunch for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment