Sunday, March 7, 2010

On The Town

I need to get out more.
Like Saturday, that was pretty great. Drinks at Smuggler's Cove with the lovely Elise. We were two complicated Jewish girls, both in need of a drink. That, my friend, they have in spades. You have to walk a bit afield of Hayes Valley proper, up Gough to McAllister, and the only clue there was a bar inside was the snappily-dressed doorman sitting outside. But there is in fact three floors of bar, and a nifty waterfall flowing down the wall to the basement. Elise and I enjoyed our rum drinks, mine the Millionaire Cocktail, which included many things I don't recall. That was a stiff drink, matey! But I know some apricot liqueur was involved.
Afterwards, we strolled to the Mission for burritos at Mariachi's on Valencia. Talk about yer vegi-friendly! How did I miss this place? My California burrito was full of grilled veggies, mango salsa, black beans and rice (brown by request, though they have Spanish and ginger varieties). JP joined us and I snagged a most righteous spicy shrimp off of his taco plate. Yep, rum drinks and burritos; Nosh is one classy broad.

1 comment:

  1. Three floors of bar is a lot of bar! Sounds like fun. And I definitely want to try Mariachi's. I'm still searching for the perfect veggie burrito. Maybe they have it!

    blewbird

    ReplyDelete