Friday, March 19, 2010

The Raw and the Toasted

To some people, a sandwich is a sandwich. There are even folks - I've met them - who dislike sandwiches, find them boring. That's hard for me to understand, being a huge fan of bread, but I will say there's a big difference between your pedestrian, slapped-together sandwich and one in which the bread is toasted before assembly.
I have walked by Hadi's many times; never went in until today. Their claim to fame is gyros, and I don't eat meat. But they also do plenty of vegi items: falafel, garden burgers, and the avocado-hummus-cheese sandwich that cost me a whopping $5.50. Yes, they toasted the bread first. There was a nice spreading of avo and chickpea puree, Swiss cheese (they have other choices), sprouts, lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles. Jalapenos if you must. Nice people behind the counter and a good selection of cold drinks. And hey, a block from my office! Hadi's, I see a future for the two of us. Keep the toaster warm for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment