Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fishin' for Breakfast

I have finally found a place in SF with breakfast to rival Portland's vegan wonders. That place is Weird Fish. Lord knows I''ve been meaning to go there for-freakin'-ever, but we picked the perfect Sunday, right before Labor Day, and while the Burners are still frying their brains in the desert.
We got a sweet table for two right away. It's a tiny place with beautiful old mirrors, chandelier, and a mermaid in the front window. As for the food, it was weird-tastic (in a good way)...I had the Kyle Combo with 2 perfectly scrambled eggs, 2 vegan pancakes, and fruit. Vegan pancakes can be dense, but these were the kind that melt in your mouth, dusted with powdered sugar. Even the fruit was better than you'd get at most places, melon with pineapple, strawberries, apples and pears. JP loved his eggs over-hard, cheesified Capp St. taters and biscuit, as well as the side of savory vegi sausage (which I tried, for blogging purposes of course). One final note: the servers are super sweet. I felt welcomed when we came in, and plan to go back real soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, thanks for that. I waited on you that day and I'm glad you will be coming back.

    ReplyDelete