Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rockin' the Ridge

It was a perfect day to hang out with Cheryl, the most beautiful girl in Oakland. We met at the Rockridge Market Hall, me basking in the sunlight and petting cute dogs till she rounded the corner. And since it was lunchtime, we headed across the street to Cactus Taqueria.
I've been a Cactus fan since the early years, when I worked behind the counter at the Pasta Shop. Cactus is in a bigger location now, but it still has great veggie asados burritos: grilled squash, broccoli and peppers with beans and rice, filling but not overly so. Add guacamole; you'll be glad you did. Then there is the salsa bar, with about five different salsas (pineapple being my favorite), roasted chiles and a cabbage/carrot mix. And, my friends, this meal in a whole wheat wrap cost a little over five bucks. Pittsburg-BayPoint train, take me back there soon.

1 comment:

  1. me too! PBP train to: market hall, a cote, oliveto, tony & nik's ... is a good neighborhood and is good to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete