Friday, September 11, 2009

Tommy Can You Feed Me?

Tommy is our favorite sushi chef at Ebisu. Yes, I've mentioned this place before but it bears repeating after a perfect sushi repast. Oh, Tommy can make nigiri and maki better than anyone I know; his fish is always tender and gorgeous, although I don't waste too much time lookin' at it, if you know what I mean.
Tonite, I asked Tommy for a special vegi maki, and did he ever come through for us. The roll was pickled carrots and daikon, avocado and sprouts wrapped in a perfect spiral of cucumber, then topped with a tiny cloud of rice and a sprinking of sesame seeds. Ohhhhh.
Not too shabby either was the on-the-house cocktail provided by my adopted Japanese dad, Steve-san (Ebisu's gracious owner): watermelon juice, shiso leaf, a bit of syrup and alcohol (Soju perhaps)...Nectar of the sushi gods.
See me, feed me. I think that's what The Who was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment