Thursday, October 29, 2009

Noshachusetts

Nosh has not been very active, has she?
Well, that's what happens when you travel back East and stay with your moms. And I do mean that in the plural, not just the colloquial.
Food in MA: some good, some eh. But there were moments:
Amherst Coffee. Good coffee, nice scene, and a sweet little wine bar at night where I got to escape a raging rainstorm.
Chez Albert. Where my friend Tom and I dined after the wine bar. Lovely dark intimate place, doting waiters, and the two specials I had were magnifique. A salad strewn with pears, walnuts, and goat cheese; salmon on a bed of pureed potatoes with chard and sauce romesco. Complimentary tarte tatin, tres charmant.
Lone Wolf. Damn good breakfast, and cheap! That is, if you're used to SF prices. Me, I had the Rachel's Choice: 2 excellent scrambies, 2 huge soy sausage patties, a cup of fruit (which they kindly substituted for taters), and 2 heavenly multigrain pancakes dusted with powdered sugar.
Mom's house. This one has no web site but it does have eggs straight out of the chickens. And my Mom's partner's homemade wheat bread, topped with homemade strawberry jam. And all kinds of salad greens from the greenhouse out yonder.
But I'm back now, and while there's not much foliage action, there is great food. Kind of miss those accents, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment