Friday, October 16, 2009

Uduped Again

JP came home from Illinois, hungry and (maybe - just maybe) tired of pizza. The solution? Udupi Palace on Valencia: incredibly cheap, generous portions of vegetarian Indian food.
We'd eaten there the very first day they opened, and split a huge dosa, which had made us very happy. Another time we took close friends, who became enamored despite the lack of meat. Tonite I had the huge spring dosa, which comes with sambar (spicy soup), three cooling chutneys, and in my case, some fantastic raita (the charming waiter rushed it over when he saw me fanning flames from my mouth). Yup, it was h-a-w-t. JP and I also shared a lovely lassi, thick with frozen mango. And due to the hugeness of my meal, I now have the other half-dosa waiting in the fridge for a snack attack. JP polished off his masala dosa, making an Indian mother somewhere very happy.

2 comments:

  1. Yum. That sounds delicious! I could use some homemade rasam right now. For some reason, I am sick again - this time with flu like symptoms. Where's my mum's rasam when I need it? In Stockton, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tired of Pizza?! It is to laugh. That was some good 'sa though.

    You'll always be my little Mango Lassi.

    ReplyDelete