Monday, October 5, 2009

Plant on Water

What could be better, after a stretchifying pilates class, than dinner with your favorite pilates instructor at The Plant Cafe Organic?
Answer: not much.
This new cafe is situated right smack on the bay, and you can sit at an elegant wooden table, warmed by heat lamps, and be mesmerized by lapping water.
You can also eat amazingly fresh, delicious food. We had 2 salads - you can order them in small or large sizes, which I love - and both were plant-astic. Mine had baby spinach, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds in a champagne vinaigrette, while Rachel's boasted fluffy mixed greens, more goat cheese, beets and toasted walnuts.
My entree was quinoa with lots of veggies and baked tofu in a ginger-miso sauce. I also stole bits of Rachel's wild salmon, all crispy on top and meltingly tender inside.
I forgot to mention the whole grain bread and good-quality olive oil that's brought to your table with a cute milk bottle full of water; nice touches. I plan to plant myself there again, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment