Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Raw and the Cooked

I love me some sushi, don't get me wrong. Raw fish can be one of the best things around, especially when dipped in a well-mixed puddle of soy and wasabi. One very cool place to partake, especially if you get to sit right next to the aquarium, is Blue Fin Sushi on Clement. While I do enjoy the raw stuff - all of it quite fresh and lovely - my favorite nosh there is a small plate of miso-glazed scallops. Tiny golden coins dotted with green onion, they satisfy the need for umami in a big way. Even JP, who's not a fan of scallops, digs right in.
One more thing: no fish involved, but the shiitake/garlic roll is mighty tasty. Enjoy it as the angel fish glide by, the teensy red lobster-fish waves its whiskers, and something you thought was a rock starts swimming slowly across the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment