Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bowl of Sorabol

Yesterday's lunch was a revelation, after eating so little for the past week. But I figured, rice being easy on the tummy, it was worth my while to take a sunny stroll down to Rincon Center and my favorite lunch stop there, Sorabol. The Korean food is healthy, tasty, and oh-so-cheap! For $7, I got a huge veggie bowl: rice, slippery glass noodles, not-so-spicy chunks of tofu, and all the toppings a girl could want: bean sprouts, shredded daikon, cucumber pickle, carrots, spinach, mushrooms and a drizzle of sesame oil. There are dainty paper cups of kim chee, too. Seven freakin' dollars! That's a bargain any way you scoop it up in your chopsticks, my friend. And a happy lady I was, mixing it all together and filling my belly. Bi bim bop, that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment