Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Goddess of Vegan Baking

Elise is my food goddess. She grows amazing produce in her little community garden and brings me bags of it: arugula, chard, kale, peas, strawberries. She came to a brunch I hosted with a plate of vegan rosewater-pistachio cupcakes, which were so popular that I had to share mine with three other people. And today, she got up early and baked a loaf of banana-pecan-chocolate chip bread. Since we work together, I was lucky to snare a piece, still warm from the oven, melty chocolate staining my fingers as I carried it back to my desk.
Was it insanely delicious? Perhaps the moistest, most tender banana bread ever to induce a state of blissful noshitude? Well, I guess you won't know (unless you are also a friend of this classy lady). But you can try your hand at vegan goodies here.
Merci, Mlle. Elise.

No comments:

Post a Comment