Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jammin'

It is very hard to eat when one has the tummy flu. I haven't eaten much for three days, but today I am slowly coming back from the land of ginger ale.
Tonite, as a snack, I had a slice of bread slathered with Blue Chair jam, a brand made by a local girl with a winsome personality and a creative way with preserves. I urge you to check out her web site, and purchase something wonderful at, for example, the Saturday farmers' market in Noe Valley (24th near Sanchez). Her combinations are unusual, often involve spirits, and cause quite a tastebud frenzy on the tongue. The jar I am currently savoring is Early Girl Tomato and Damson Plum Jam. It's only available in season, which I can respect, and has some clove in it that adds a warm, homey touch. Rachel, the jamstress, recommends pairing it with cheese or savory roasted meats. Me, I'm fine jammin' with some toast. And when this jar is empty, I may just get my Lady Marmalade groove on...

No comments:

Post a Comment