Saturday, May 9, 2009

Drink Me...

As I recall, Alice in Wonderland found a small bottle whose label said 'Drink Me'. She did, and she grew and grew and grew until she bumped her head on the ceiling.
Is a drink considered a nosh? It is in my book. Especially if, by drinking it, I feel like I'm six feet tall and can jump over tall buildings and stuff.
Lucky for me, I live but a fifteen minute walk from Ritual Roasters. I admit it, I am a coffee junkie. And maybe a coffee snob, okay? If it's a warm, sunny day like today, and I'm not at work, you will find me in line at Ritual. There is pretty much always a line. It's fine, there will be some good eye candy and possibly a cute dog or two tied out on the sidewalk. Trust me, the wait will be worth it. My drug of choice is the iced latte. It may not have a pretty design in the foam, but it'll give you the same caramelly coffee tongue rush, and with a little sugar thrown in, you can buzz away happily for hours.
Let's not forget compostable cups and straws, people. And about eight different kinds of vegan bread (fig, persimmon...you get the picture). Come, fall down my rabbit hole...

2 comments:

  1. oooo... I love the soy latte. yum. One of the best. and julie is right- lots of good eye candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Ritual. And they have the frequent buyer card - 10 coffees and the 11th is on them. Way to fuel the addiction.

    ReplyDelete