Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nosh-a-rito

So there are days when one cannot nosh. Yesterday was one of them, and I failed to blog. But I'm back to eating, and sending my thoughts out to whoever might care to read them.
Once a month, on a Wednesday or Thursday, lucky San Frannies can use a coupon (ripped from the back of the phone book) to get 20% off at Rainbow Grocery. Today we took advantage of this chance to indulge in some fine vegetarian delights.
I was craving a burrito, but time didn't allow for a trip to one of the favorite taquerias. Luckily, Rainbow carries the excellent La Cascada brand of 'ritos, wrapped in white paper printed with a man in a sombrero. Most of the offerings are vegan though some have cheese or egg (the breakfast version). My current favorite is more on the fusion-y side; it has rice, carrots, peas, tofu and curry sauce. The soyrizo/potato is another winner; I have not yet tried the picante veggie. They come in a nice whole wheat wrap and taste great after a quick visit to the oven/microwave. Plus they're made by a local company.
There was a very nice ginger-blood orange-limeade, too, which fell into my shopping cart along the way. It tastes like summer, which should be here just as soon as the gale-force winds make their exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment