Monday, May 18, 2009

Queen of Caffeine

That's the name of a poem I wrote, oh, fifteen years ago. I used to write poetry a lot, now I have my blog. It's something.
But caffeine is my drug of choice, and besides, as I might've mentioned in the Ritual piece, coffee tastes pretty damned great. Sometimes, the siren song of Peets lifts me up from my desk, away from the cube farm and across the street, to partake of an afternoon beverage. It's a welcome break but can get expensive after awhile. So I was pleased to discover Adina bottled coffees, truly a little taste of heaven. My favorite: Adina double espresso Ethiopian coffee. It's made of good things like fair trade coffee; lowfat milk; cane juice and vanilla (all organic). Cold, creamy, slightly sweet...It's a tiny vacation in the middle of your work day.
In honor of a fading art, this haiku:

Eyes closed, head thrown back
Dark slow river of sweetness
I'm drunk with coffee

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't give up your coffee break - so good for you to get out, walk a little, see the sun and get your coffee. Your employer will get even better work from you afterward.

    ReplyDelete