Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hot Damn

It's hot for San Francisco. 80's kind of hot. A little breeze here and there, but mostly the kind of day you want to lay still, drink something with ice cubes and eat a salad.
Lately, when the salad jones gets ahold of me, I gravitate to spinach. Not just any spinach: Bloomsdale spinach. I don't recall trying this leafy wonder prior to this year, but it's become my go-to green for many reasons: the curly texture is so much fun! It kind of snaps in your teeth, firm and crunchy. The taste is sweet; sometimes I'll just eat the washed leaves out of the colander, no dressing required. Although if you like a drizzle of oil and vinegar, or some good fancy Ranch dressing, the Bloomsdale won't mind. It's a perky little devil, unlike me in this heat. Now where's the cabana boy with my mojito...

No comments:

Post a Comment